Online Classes with Kathryn Irey
We will keep Stage 7’s unique laboratory approach to barre and encourage all participants to move with personal integrity… and joy!
As we all adapt to the online environment. please expect corrections, suggestions, and lovingly sarcastic remarks.
What’s different about online classes from Stage 7?
- No mirrors = trust your senses
- No “front” = adapt to the space you’re in
- No life-sized person in front of you to follow = Look inside for ease, power, freedom, integrated function, fresh experiences of centuries-old practices.
- No strict atmosphere = expect surprises, revel in them… then laugh!
- Let the dancers in Stage 7 doing the exercises to be your guide you = Don’t worry that we’re not all in sync…. exactly….
- Breathe = Let your whole body find its groooove
- ENJOY 🙂
How To Connect
Classes will be held via Zoom on your laptop or smartphone.
Zoom meeting ID: 562-465-665
All classes will use this same meeting link:
Sign in early 10 minutes before class to troubleshoot any video or sound issues. For the best experience, have Zoom installed on your computer or smartphone before you join.
No One Turned Away For Lack Of Funds (NOTAFLOF)
Stage 7 remains committed to artists and movers who may be adversely impacted by limited employment during these times. No one should feel excluded from class for not having the means to pay.
Stage 7 will accept payment by Venmo for those who have the means, or would otherwise like to support our efforts.
- $9 per class may be sent to @stage7dance on Venmo
- Those with class cards may use them. If you have a class card, please notify Kathryn before class or if you forget, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org
Goal: Happy feet, safe body
Depending on your home dance surface, consider options:
- Bare feet
- Socks (cotton, wool, bamboo, polyester) right-side out/ inside out
- 2 Pairs
- Taking care….. of socks on cold days
- Ballet shoes
- Canvas/ leather
- Ballet shoes w/ sole dampened to deal with slippery surfaces